Monday, September 12, 2011

Nashville Professional Portraits

Rhonda. Quite a character. To say we had fun is an understatement. With Jason as my light guy, we visited Rhonda in her home in Franklin (which is on sale btw and is gorgeous!) and realized how beautiful it was! We knew we were going to do professional portraits for her website, and we wanted to be sure that our outside location didn't look too "country." So, when we discovered how pretty her house was, we decided that it was the best location.
 So we went into five different rooms, using as much available light streaming through the windows as possible. The most flattering light is natural light, especially though the window, so we supplemented with a reflector for as long as we could, and then eventually set up our own light. You can see the light difference of the artificial light in the left-most photo in both collage. I love all the photos, but window light is my favorite!
I don't get the chance to do professional portraits often, but it sure was fun! I didn't have any examples to show Rhonda, since the last time I did business portraits was when I worked in a studio, so she wasn't sure what to expect. Rhonda stated halfway through the shoot "Who knew you'd actually know what you were doing?!" Needless to say, I wasn't offended, I was just glad she had fun and liked my work! I hope we can work together again, because that was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!! You're the best!